Yet Another Music Blog...Featuring Alan Price

Discussion in 'Alan Price - On The Internet' started by metropolitan man, Mar 28, 2008.

1. metropolitan man

metropolitan man New Member

I couldn't decide whether this post belonged in "General Chat" or in here, but this corner of the forum was seeming a bit sparse, and this post does have to do with Alan Price, and the thing I'd like to share with you is located "On The Internet," so here goes. Well, I guess it was inevitable...I've started a music blog. I probably would have just kept it to myself, or told you about it in the "General Chat" section, but I've recently posted something (which I can hardly accept any credit for) that a lot of Alan Price fans might be interested in, so feel free to poke around a bit...http://www.boughtit.blogspot.com. If you're not familiar with the way these blogs work, you might have a little bit of difficulty accessing some of the content, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Also, as a general disclaimer...A lot of the music I listen to and post about is VERY dissimilar to Alan Price, so please tread gently, and try not to be too disappointed with me.

2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

NIce write up, William. I'm impressed with all the technical info, though I have to admit it went right over my head!

3. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

4. milka

milka New Member

cool :D :D :D :D

5. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Here's another blog that reviews one of Alan's gigs:

Plastic Bag blog

(BennyB, this may answer some of your questions about the Bulls Head.) Also, it mentions another upcoming gig in London. I wish I could go!

6. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Thanks for that link Holly

I did see Alan Price mentioned on there some time ago
    but this is new!!!

7. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

He does seem to be a fan. I gave him a link to this forum, so let's hope he comes to visit us!

8. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Thanks, Holly. I think I would prefer to see him in the more intimate atmosphere of a jazz club. We are planning a trip to London on Jan 14th - just waiting for the gig to be confirmed on the Bull's Head site before we book the eurostar and hotel. I'm excited! I'm not sure, though, that I could pluck up the courage to actually go up and talk to him if the opportunity arises. I'll send my husband.

9. Jean

Hi BennyB
    I am sure your visit to The Bulls Head will be a huge success.
    Alan is a great guy and nearly always comes out to see the fans
    after a concert so I am sure he will talk to you when he has done
    his show.

I know it is several weeks until January but we look forward to a
    report on the show and what it's like at the Bulls Head.

[​IMG]

10. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Thank you, Jean. And I will be thinking of you on Oct. 3rd.

Benny

11. suepixie

suepixie New Member

Hi Jean,

Does Alan meet fans in the actual jazz room (where he has been playing) at the Bulls Head after the show? Me and my brother are hoping to see him there in the new year and I don't want to miss getting the chance chat to him. I don't want want to be in one place whilst he is elsewhere if you know what I mean!!

12. Jean

Yes, I do know what you mean SuePixie but I have not as yet managed to
    get to a show at The Bulls Head so I am not able to tell you.
    You could ring and ask Mr Dan Fleming the landlord (0871 258 8545)

I found this on the internet where people who have been to the Bulls Head
    leave a comment - makes for some humerous reading :hehe:

"The fact that Dan the landlord will bellow at river walkers who come in to use the toilet and rattle
    the charity tin at them if they try to leave without buying a drink is an hilarious feature of the place!"

:whut:

13. suepixie

suepixie New Member

Thanks Jean, Sue x

14. suepixie

suepixie New Member

The landlord certainly sounds like a character doesn't he!!

15. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Welcome to the forum, Suepixie! I'd love to hear your impressions of the Bulls head show once you've gone.

16. suepixie

suepixie New Member

Hi, thank you! I love the site its brilliant. I will definitely let you know how we went on. Can't wait!

17. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

SuePixie, I noticed your comment on YouTube, on the thread about the Bob Dylan documentary where someone posted whether Alan Price was still alive. :duh: Nice little plug for the Bulls head you got in there. :thumbup:

18. suepixie

suepixie New Member

Hi, yeah. I didn't know about the forum then, otherwise I would have plugged this too!!!

19. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member