Wild Animals.

Discussion in 'Alan Price Biography' started by Jean, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

I have just bought a very interesting book from Amazon "Wild Animals. The Story of The Animals"
    by Andy Blackford who grew up outside Newcastle and saw The Animals at their earliest gigs.

Anybody else read it? and what did you think of it?

But I can't quite believe the write-up on the back cover that says The Animals were the
    "dirtiest and spottiest" of all the seminal English bands of the 1960s.
    Anybody else thought they needed a good wash????
    They have always looked quite immaculate to me. :cool:

[​IMG][​IMG]

....................[​IMG] ........ [​IMG]
    .......................................................'Bright lights, big city'John Steel ...................................................................... 'Pricey goes it alone' Jill Furmanovsky

2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I think before they went down to London and were put in matching suits, they had a certain dangerous hoodlum look. And I'm sure that in a live show, Eric Burdon would exert himself so much, he'd work up a sweat. Some of those early clubs were no doubt grungy and hot!! But even the Beatles worked up a sweat in the Cavern days. It seems hardly fair to characterize the Animals as dirtier and sweatier than the others.

Still, I suppose that was all part of their "tough guy" bluesy image. Look at Eric in those dark glasses!

3. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

Book

I've read this book as well, and found it to be very informative and highly enjoyable.

WHEN will someone finally do us all a great service and write a book about Alan's post-Animals career ?

4. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I'm willing to do the writing, but first we'd have to find a publisher who thinks there's a market for it... :?

5. Rebekka

Rebekka Administrator Staff Member

That would be soooo great Holly.

Perhaps the publisher who did 'Wild Animals' might be interested - if Alan gave his consent of course!

6. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member