Where is he?

Discussion in 'Any questions - perhaps someone knows the answer!' started by Deborah, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Deborah

Deborah New Member

So where is the man these days? Haven't seen or heard anything about him for ages.

2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

The official word is -- he's working on the stage version of O Lucky Man!

But I suspect he's really just been playing golf. :lol: Eventually he'll run out of money and have to do something....

3. Dids

Dids New Member

Yeah, I heard he's semi-retired or something! But he certainly doesn't seem to be doing as much stage work these days!

Come back Alan - we miss you!!

[​IMG]

4. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Deborah and Dids
    We are all wondering when his next show will be
    and hope it won't be long before he's on the road again.

Looks like his next show at The Bulls Head, Barnes, is on
    12th October.

Anyone going????????

[​IMG]

5. SusieD

SusieD New Member

Hoping to hear update for future shows.
    Any news yet?

6. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Nothing posted lately. Alan does play one show a month in Barnes, south London, at a local jazz pub called the Bulls Head. Do you by any chance live in the UK?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

im sure you guys wont believe me but my uncle is in alan price band he called peter grant and my dad steve grant played at his last gig.

he is working on a play at the moment which is why he no got many gigs going at moment except for the 1st thursday every month at the bull´s head. make sure to check his gigs and listen to the bass guitarist(my uncle) cos he amazing. of course alan is great on da keyboards best song is simon smith and his amazing dancing bear.

8. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Hi there 'Guest'

Thank you for that much appreciated information. I have seen Peter Grant play
    many times and yes I agree he is very good and I always enjoy his solo spot.

[​IMG]

If you are interested it would be nice to have you as a member
    of this forum so please do consider joining.

(Amazing Dancing Bear is my favourite too)

:D

9. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

here's da man!! Welcome, bro! Nice to see ya. Come on in and take the weight of!

10. Dids

Dids New Member

Oh wow! Your dad and uncle are part of his band? How neat is that? So you going to give us lots of inside info and that? I'm on the edge of my seat!

Did you ever go to a gig with them?

11. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Man, Peter Grant is an amazing BASSIST. I remember when I last saw Alan in concert, I was dreading the bass solo because usually bass solos are so tedious -- and instead what Peter Grant did completely blew me away.

So glad to see you visiting, hope you come back and give us more "insider" info!