What are you listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Any other subjects?' started by hollyh, Jun 26, 2006.

1. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

;)

I am listening to "Play With Fire" by the Rolling Stones. Trying to figure out what nice things I can say about the Rolling Stones for today's installment of my British Invasion Month blog. :norty:

2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

I have just listened to Geordie Melody again and then found my Savaloy Dip CD to play on my pc while I am typing.

Glad to know you are a cat person Tony - love them . You will have to have a cat avatar :)
    BTW thanks for info re Covers that you pm'd to me, much appreciated.

3. Jean

Well, look here Holly :lol: :lol:

This one has a pic cover - mine has a plain white cardboard cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALAN-PRICE-Beat-out-dat-rhythm-on-a-drumViewItem#ebayphotohosting

4. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Thanks, Jean! I just bought it! [​IMG]

5. Jean

Really? I thought you would have missed it - well done! :lol:

6. Jean

Just listening to Beat Out Dat Rhythm On A Drum and the Geordie Melody.
    Thought I'd listen once (or twice) more before I put it away as I have been getting the lyrics for the Albums
    and A-Z Lyrics.

Geordie Melody is a mix of, obviously, Geordie songs in usual Alan style and listening to it was quite enjoyable.

Beat Out Dat Rhythm On A Drum is something really different to Alan's usual songs but is sung with great clarity
    and gusto! Wonder if he read the words as he recorded or did he remember them all? :D

7. Jean

For the last two days I have been listening to a live recording of one of Alan's shows he did at Colchester

8. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

Who's a clever kitty then? [​IMG]

9. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Were you at that Colchester show, Jean?

10. Jean

Oh YES! - was great fun shouting and responding to Alan's bantering :lol:

11. Daria

Daria New Member

strange as it may seem it's O Lucky Man by AP :)

12. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Nothing strange about that, be reassured. One of my dogs is picky about her food so I sing to her that she is "a fussy, a fussy, a fussy dog".
    Where do you live in Russia, Daria? You should enroll your Dad!

Bennyb

13. Daria

Daria New Member

bennyb, )) i'd love to, but he doesn't speak English( I live in Siberia. It's almost the coldest place in here, so I get warmed by Price's voice) actually I just came back from the party, but the music in there was so dumb I rushed home to listen to Bonie Maronie)) funny

14. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Siberia? Where?
    A veeeeeery long time ago, I visited Novosibirsk, Irkutsk and Bratsk (maybe they've changed the names since then). Are you anywhere near there?
    What a valuable addition you are to the forum! Do you realize you've introduced us and JEAN of all people to a song we didn't know? Good girl!

bennyb
    bennyb

15. Daria

Daria New Member

bennyb, nice to hear) I live in several hours by train from Novosibirsk. It is called Omsk. I'm very glad if I can be of any help in here. The forum is marvellous, really. I told all of my friends about it) It's really strange to find a place where no one fights or shouts or something like this. such a pleasure i mean it. how did you like Siberia, bennyb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFT4jZI2Hk (that's the song if anyone hasn't seen it) I'm not sure about the name it is Bonnie Maronie or Bonie Maroni)))

16. Daria

Daria New Member

O Sweet Cocaine. it's from one of the last albums I believe. "Who's a Lucky Boy?" or something. Surrealistic, stylish and wonderfully gentle.

17. lullaby

lullaby New Member

Dasha, I just love the Russian language and its literature! I promised myself that someday I'd go to Russia after learning to speak Russian (a little); and one big dream would be to adapt 'The Gambler' by Dostoyevsky for the theater.

:wave2:

18. Daria

Daria New Member

lullaby, you called me my short name)) How did you know that? :) Well thank you.

Such great plans for the future you have) Some people say that the Russian language is one of the most difficult ones. and... actually... if you'll go to Moscow you probably won't need Russian :D 'cause almost everyone speaks English)

PS you really want to adapt The Gambler?! I must say you are a hero) I've read some Dostoevsky at school. It's so hard. It's so... boring if I may say so :) Don't think I'm dumb, I understand what he's writing about, but anyway the Europeans or the Americans like his books more than the Russians) I mean it.

PPS If you finally manage to come to Russia I'll be glad to meet you :)

Best wishes

19. jeanlery13

jeanlery13 New Member

I am bothered. I can't listen to all the songs I love at once. Right now, I listen to Charice's song. Pyramid is the best song especially when I got its lyrics.

20. lullaby

lullaby New Member

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rkNBH5fbMk&feature=related

That song gets me every time :sad: