What are you listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Any other subjects?' started by hollyh, Jun 26, 2006.

1. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Could be anything...whatever's popped up on your computer music drive/CD player/radio while you're on line...

For me right now, it's "Old Love" by Alan Price & the Electric Blues Company, with the divine Bobby Tench singing.
  2. "007"

"007" New Member

television, or should I say tele - lack of vision?
  3. "007"

"007" New Member

Just finished John Hiatt's "Let It Ride" and the Allman Brothers' "Jessica". Before that I was listening to a little of Suzanne Vega.

Happy Listening to All!
  4. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Would you believe - it's still Alan Price :D :D :D

Present favourites are 'I have Tried',' Frozen Moments' and 'Amazing Dancing Bear'!!!
  5. Neko

Neko New Member

The Rasmus - "Lucifers angel" - Hide from the sun

(time its taken to type this it changed lol)

"Hoshi no Tobira" - Satori Negishi
  6. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Speedoo / Brinsley Schwartz
  7. Jean

Archive CD - to get some lyrics :D
  8. "007"

"007" New Member

My co-workers :cry:
  9. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Ron Sexsmith (isn't that a great name for a singer? :p ) / Just My Heart Talking

Elvis Costello / Distorted Angel
  10. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

A Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy -- The Kinks
  11. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

The Way I Feel Inside -- The Zombies
  12. Bassett

Bassett New Member

Alan singing 'Sweet P'
    never get tired of listening to it :)
  13. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I agree, that's one that just gets better the more you listen.

I've been really into Alan's Based On A True Story CD lately. From time to time I wonder: why does the whole world not know how good Alan really is?
  14. ruinedangel

ruinedangel New Member

my children screaming they dont wanna be in bed.....!!
  15. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

now I'm listening to my daughter practice for her piano recital tomorrow. She's desperately trying to get those pieces ready... :?
  16. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Woman -- Peter and Gordon

In that Beatles bio I'm STILL reading :? I've just got to the part where Paul moves into the Asher family's townhouse. he and Peter Asher had bedrooms on the attic floor and they were always chatting about music until late in the night, so Paul knocked out a few songs to help Peter and his school mate Gordon launch their career. Some people have it lucky!
  17. Jean

I am just trying to read all the postings I have missed. How did your daughter's recital go? I hope she was pleased with the result. :)

What is the name of the Beatles book you are reading Holly - sounds very interesting I love biogs of the sixties groups/musicians.

Have recently read 'Animal Tracks' biog of the Animals in their early days - verrrrrrrrry interesting. Would be great if Alan would write a biog.

Well, that's a bit off topic so to add my bit -

I am listening to Liberty CD - love it, it seems most of the songs were written for today.
  18. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

The recital went well in the end, thank goodness.

The book I am reading is called The Beatles (catchy title, eh?) by Bob Spitz. I'd highly recommend it, though it barely ever mentions the Animals. (It does say that Linda Eastman was at a club with the Animals, whom she'd photographed, the night she met Paul -- but by then Alan wouldn't have been in the band anyway.)

I'd love to read a bio of Alan too. I'd love to write a bio of Alan, in fact. Alan, if you ever read this, call me. ;)
  19. Jean

Right now I am listening to/watching Starman on YouTube. I love the music as the spaceship crashes
    into earth and the video of Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen singing is not bad either. :cool:

20. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

I'm listening to my cat purring at my ankles, listening to the clock ticking away the time, listening to the sound of morning traffic outside my window... and listening to "Love You True", off of Alan Price's "Rising Sun..Plus" CD.