Tour Dates for 2011

Discussion in 'TOUR DATES AND REVIEWS' started by Jean, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Dates to be added soon

:woot:

2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Perhaps this will be the year Alan decides to take a boat to America and finally play here again. Got my fingers crossed...

3. milka

milka New Member

I hope that he visit my country too :heart:

4. lullaby

lullaby New Member

Rather unlikely. He seems to be just the happy camper playing in England only. And the Netherlands.

Hmm. I don't think I'll ever make it to a show. Or maybe I might. Who knows?

LuvU didn't post in a while!

5. bennyb

bennyb New Member

And Belgium (the country hasn't blown apart yet).

bennyb

6. bennyb

bennyb New Member

OK, guys, I believe that now at last I can blurt out what I've been dying to share with you for a long time (thanks to Jean, Fabienne and Lullaby for keeping their lips sealed).

The Alan Price Set is doing a little tour of the Benelux from May 18th to 23rd, 2011. Their first stop is in Brussels. They will be doing a charity concert for l'Institut Royal d'Aide au Handicap Moteur which is my employer.

My dream has come true.

When Fabienne and I spoke to Alan for the first time in January, he was extremely aimable. I asked him : hey, you're going to the Netherlands, why not Belgium? He replied : nobody asked me.

So that started me thinking. Since then, with the help of my husband, the support of Fabienne and the approval of my directors, the project progressed slowly and everything fell in place last week when the contract was signed.

I cannot tell you how excited we are. A bunch of students + collegues + parents already went to the Ingelmunster festival in Belgium last May. Now he's coming to our home town. We have a beautiful 850-seat venue and have gathered excellent technical conditions. We are not in show business, so we've learned (and are still learning) a lot, mostly thanks to Debra Franks, Alan's agent based in York who has been very patient with us.

Gotta go, but if you have questions, please go ahead.

bennyb

7. Jean

Well done Benny! :thumbup:

8. Fabienne

Fabienne New Member

Very well done Bennyb ! I'm sure it will be a great evening and I do feel I'll be in Brussels at this moment !
    :toyou:

9. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Thank you, Fabienne!

You know there's a bed in my house waiting for you.

For you, too, Jean (two)

bennyb

10. Jean

Thank you Benny that is very kind of you.

I do hope it works out that I will be able to come over in May.

In 5 months time I am expecing to be 100% fit :hehe:

and I am so looking forward to this exciting event.

:heart:

11. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Great news!!! Brilliant work, Benny -- I'm so glad it worked out for you. :woot:

12. bennyb

bennyb New Member

I might add this will be Alan's première in Brussels, which makes the vent all the more exciting. If any other APFF friends want to come over and visit Brussels by the same occasion, we will do our best to accomodate you.

bennyb:twirly::woot:

13. Fabienne

Fabienne New Member

Thank you Bennyb ! I won't forget it !

[hr]

14. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Good evening, everyone!

Check out Alan's site : he has put up his tour dates for 2011.

Perhaps he will be coming nearby you!

bennyb

15. lullaby

lullaby New Member

Hi Benny,

I saw your invitation for the show in May, but I'm in college during that time over in the United States. Well, I'm there/here already, and I'm not even coming back for summer break, because I decided I wanted to continue with school during that time before fall quarter starts up. Thank you for the invitation, I hope that the audience doesn't forget to stand up during applause.

Lullaby