stumbled on this forum and ......

Discussion in 'Introductory Forum' started by bagwell, May 11, 2012.

1. bagwell

bagwell New Member

What can i say, :wave: stumbled on this forum and it's taken me back to the days when i used to wait for Mr P to play london, seen AP a number of times live, back in the day, :woot: had all the vinyls LP's got some stuff on my times have changed, but remember in times like these it's good to have a friend
    ;-) :clap:
  2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Hi Bagwell [​IMG]

Welcome to the forum.

It's good see a new member who actually posts a message :) and I'm glad to hear you have 'stuff on your ipod'. As you say, times have changed but Alan is still doing shows. Where do you live? Are you anywhere near any of the venues?

3. bagwell

bagwell New Member

Just in the process of buying and then ripping to my ipod. I only have 'O'lucky man' currently digital on ipod i'll get more.......:thumbup:

I used to go to the fairfield halls to see AP's shows, and the old 'rainbow' finsbury park.

Mick Jagger Theatre Dartford is nearest this saturday and thats 37 mile away...
  4. Rebekka

Rebekka Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Bagwell, a bit belatedly as I have been away.

Just wondering if you got to Dartford to see the show tonight?

If you did, then do tell us all about it please. :D
  5. bagwell

bagwell New Member

I was unfortunately working :sad:
  6. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

No worries, Bagwell. It's lovely to see him live, but as I live in the States, I've only been able to do that twice in the nearly 30 years I've been a devoted fan. (Starting with O Lucky Man! which I first saw at the Leicester Square Cinema in July 1973 -- a date forever engraved on my memory!). A few years ago I realized I needed to upgrade my collection to get all AP albums on digital formats. Took me awhile, as several of his albums had never been released on CD! But where there's a will there's a way...
  7. bagwell

bagwell New Member

Yes i did a vinyl convert of BTAYesterday, came out good.
  8. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I believe that if it hadn't been for Alan Price, I'd never have invested in the technology to do vinyl converts! I already owned so much on vinyl, it seemed a shame to re-buy everything in CD format. And in fact, there were a couple of vinyl LPs I owned -- his duet album with Rob Hoeke, Two of a Kind, and Geordie Roots and Branches -- that have never been and most likely will never be issued on CD.

In times like these, it is indeed good to a have a friend!

Bagwell, which is your favorite AP LP? Most of the time I'd say BTAY but there are days when Metropolitan Man surprises me. And do you have Alan's most recent CD Based on A True Story? That one is magnificent!