Solved! It's "Still Searching For Love"

Discussion in 'Alan Price songs - A - Z Listing of songs' started by Jean, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

In a recent BBC TV programme 'The Price of Fame'
    Alan sang a song and for ages I have been trying
    to find the title of the song, who wrote it, and
    if Alan ever recorded it. Any information please???

"Still Searching For Love"

"More and more as time goes by
    I try to put an end to my philandering
    and love a girl.
    Somehow it's so hard to find
    the kind of girl who stops your mind
    from wandering to other girls.
    When I see a pretty face
    I feel my heart begin to race excitedly
    and my head spins
    Soon the sweet excitement dies
    and I begin to criticise and disagree
    with little things, such silly things.
    And so at the end of it all
    I'm still searching for love
    My friends all seem to fall
    but I'm still searching for love.

In your teens it common law
    to run around with girls galore
    and who's to blame when none you love.
    Later it becomes a bore
    to give the world and so much more
    to settle down with one you love.
    If I live a life of ease
    and if I'm much too hard to please
    the blame is mine and mine alone
    But I know some girl somewhere
    will win my heart and make me care
    and in good time we'll have a home
    with kids of our own.

And so at the end of it all
    I'm still searching for love.
    My friends all seem to fall
    but I'm still searching for love.
    More and more as time goes by
    I try to put an end to my philandering
    and love a girl. "

2. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

I'll Try To Name That Song!

Jean,
    I've recently watched the "The Price Of Fame" TV programme again, and this beautiful (as yet unidentified) song, sung by Alan alone, is a real show stopper! It's haunting melody, introspective lyrics and Alan's emotional performance make it unforgettable.

I'll try to get an answer for you (and for me) as to who wrote this song, and who has recorded it. I'm certain that Alan has never released this song on a 45, LP or CD (unfortunately), but he may have performed it live at some point.

Thanks again for giving us this great website, and for being you!

Wishing you all the best, tony

3. Jean

RE: DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE REAL TITLE OF THIS SONG? ------------'More and more as time goes by...'

Tony
    For one moment I thought you had found the answer! :smile:
    But keep looking please!
    Thanks
    Jean

Like the Avatar :D

4. Daria

Daria New Member

RE: DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE REAL TITLE OF THIS SONG? ------------'More and more as time goes by...'

on youtube it is called "More and more as time goes by", couldn't find more info actually. But the song is amazing and their performance too

5. pianomusicman

pianomusicman New Member

I was so pleased and surprised to come across this item on Youtube. The title of this song is "Still Searching For Love" and it was written by me (David Matthews) in collaboration with Peter Warne. I was delighted when AP said he liked it and would use it on "Price of Fame" but disappointed that he didn't bring it out on a recording; also that no-one else has covered it. I went on to write for a number of other artistes - my best known and most successful composition being "We're Gonna Change The World" for Matt Monro. I was privileged to receive an Ivor nomination for this. Just got back into writing after a 35 year lay-off. Well, you can't rush these things can you........................

6. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

Hello, David - and a big welcome to APFF. Jean is off line right now as she's just moved house and is waiting for her new line to be connected. But I phoned her and told her about your post. (We're sisters!) She is delighted as this had been bugging her for ages!

But she asked me to tell you she is also delighted that you joined the forum and posted and hopes you will be back to join in. :clap:

And :thankyou: so much for the information - it's great to get such sterling feedback from someone. Hope you do well with your newly invigorated writing!

7. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Hello David and welcome! It's an honor to have you. Just want to say how much I love "Still Searching for Love"- and Alan's rendering of it!

bennyb

8. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

What a cool thing that you found us, David! Please keep us updated as your songwriting career gets back in gear. "Still Searching" is such a lovely song, I have no doubt you've got others just as fine up your sleeve. :)

9. Jean

"Still Searching For Love" was covered - by the Dutch Band 'Gloria'

I have just received this email from Rob Kopp with a link to the recording!

Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 8:55 PM
    Subject: Still searching for love

Hi,
    I'm busy with a book (PLATENBOEK, see www.platenclubutrecht.nl)
    and was Googling for the original of Still searching for love by David Matthews
    when I entered the Alan Price forum.

I saw that David Matthews himself said the song wasn't covered by others, but it was!
    It was done by Dutch band Gloria on their '69-LP Mea semper gloria vivet.

see http://www.unitgloria.nl/measemper.htm

With kind regards,

Rob Kopp

I am sure David Matthews will be pleased to hear this too :)

10. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

David,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to give all of us at the APFF the answer to what seemed to be an un-answerable question. We tried everything we could think of, every music database... but still came up empty. Finally knowing the actual title is wonderful! But having you - the writer of that beautiful, emotionally powerful song - as a member of our forum is truly the icing on the cake.

Thank you for writing "Still Searching For Love". I hope that the song will have a long life, now that a new generation of music lovers have the ability to see it, hear it and enjoy it on YouTube. Please keep writing great songs! Your "short" lay-off no doubt has filled your soul with a lifetime of experiences which you'll be able to put to music. I look forward to hearing the results. PLEASE let us know when a CD or tape of your new songs is available.

Once again... thank you. Wishing you all the best, Tony Concatelli

11. Joel Kosminsky

Joel Kosminsky New Member

Everyone - thanks for helping me track this down. The song has haunted me for decades, and only the last line survives in my head - words and melody. All I need now is a copy or at least a means to hear it again.

Joel

12. Jean

Hi Joel
    You said you would like to watch Alan singing 'Still Searching For Love'
    so hope this works for you. Type 'Alan Price - More and more as time goes by'
    in your search bar and hopefully when you scroll down a bit you will see this:

[​IMG]
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Click on the first picture and the video should play! I have tried, without success,
    to copy it to the Forum. As you see it has the wrong title because I didn't know
    the correct title when I first put it on Youtube.

Do let me know if you are successful - enjoy!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  13. Rebekka

Rebekka Administrator Staff Member

Hello everybody
    Great to see more information re this song.

Looking on Youtube I see that it is now also posted as "Still Searching For Love"
    plus there are more than a 1,000 listed postings ( yes I looked through the list!)
    of Alan Price songs for us to enjoy but obviously many are duplicates.