Share your pics

Discussion in 'Share your pics' started by Jean, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

I'll start this section with a pic of Alan from Alfie Darling DVD :D

[​IMG]

.​

2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Let's see if this one comes up okay...

[​IMG]

3. Jean

Here is a pic from 'Alfie Darling' sent by Holly!

[​IMG]

4. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I have now made that my wallpaper on my computer -- now I look forward more than ever to spending an afternoon working on the computer! :cool:

5. "007"

"007" New Member

I don't know how to do this task. Can anyone help? please, please, please, please, please?

6. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

007, all you have to do is locate a picture on a website, copy the URL from the http: bar at the top, then open a reply window here, click on the IMG button above, paste the URL into your reply, and click IMG again to exit. Like this:

[​IMG]

[Thought it was time to give the Animals their due...]

7. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Here's another photo I picked up on line, from a BBC appearance long ago...

[​IMG]

8. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

...and here's another from the BBC 1969...

[​IMG]

9. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

One more; not of Alan this time, but of Peter Noone. (I always was a Herman's Hermits fan.) This is a recent shot, from a couple weeks ago. A friend of mine went to see him in concert and asked him to hold up this sign for me. Peter always was a good sport and very friendly to his fans! :D

[​IMG]

10. "007"

"007" New Member

Holly,

It looks like they're arresting him for holding up that sign!!! Does that trooper not know who you are??

11. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

There are those who would say that the trooper has a gun in Peter's back, MAKING him hold up that sign. :lol: It's good to have friends in law enforcement...

Hey, the picture seems to have disappeared. :x No, wait, now it's back. Peter was just a silhouette on the shade there for a moment...

12. Bassett

Bassett New Member

Wow great pics. And like the Peter Noone one Holly :D

13. Jean

Like them Holly- I will have a look at ebay -again :)
    Alan looks good with a guitar doesn't he?

14. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Here's a couple images captured from what looks like a 1975 concert video of Alan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I remember that tour -- he was pretty fabulous back then, wasn't he? Of course, I like his shows even better now, when he chats and banters with the audience (in the old days it was just one song after another, boom boom boom). Wish he would tour again...​

15. Jean

Like them pics Holly!

And yes, agree that his shows are even better when he has a banter with the audience.
    Have had several little exchanges with him when (as usual) sitting in the front row and he asks the audience a question.

One such time that comes to mind is when he asked 'why do women retire at 60 and men have to work until they are 65'.
    We shouted 'because we work harder'. His reply was 'Well if that's the case then you can come up here and do the second half!'

And Yes, I do wish he would manage to do a few more shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

16. Rebekka

Rebekka Administrator Staff Member

:) Must agree they are great shots Holly, what video are they from?

17. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

It's called Alan Price in Concert...I don't know how widely available it is; this was an eBay purchase... :cool:

18. Jean

Here's another of my favourites pics.
    This from the cover of Lucky Day.

____________________[​IMG]

19. Rebekka

Rebekka Administrator Staff Member

Like that one too as I also have the LP.

:)

20. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

:( The US version -- titled England, My England -- does not have that photo. Thank you for enlightening me, Jean!!