Rockpalast Concert YouTube

Discussion in 'Alan Price - On The Internet' started by hollyh, Jun 13, 2012.

1. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Extraordinary video of an entire 1975 concert at the Royal Theater London -- a real treat!

No virus found in this message.
    Checked by AVG -
    Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 2641/6193 - Release Date: 03/20/13

2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Yes a real treat Holly and thanks for posting. Some years ago downloads on youtube were limited to 10 minutes and now we get a whole concert!

I have had a copy of this for quite a few years but there were no titles or any other infomation and it hasn't got the encore song at the end so it's interesting to see the date of the concert etc. Not sure but I think I bought it
    off ebay!

Just had to watch it all through - wonderful.

3. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I usually think of Alan as a man-of-the-people sort, given his social commentary and the touch of smoke and grit in his voice. At first it seems incongruous that Alan would have performed so often in this era wearing a sleek dinner jacket and backed by a full orchestra. Nevertheless, this was the era when I first saw him live, and I will always think of him this way. He was never handsomer and he carries off the suave stage act so well!
  4. keith.a

keith.a New Member

Fantastic concert, always wanted to see it in full.
    "It takes me back" and "Is there anybody out there" great vocals. :thumbup:
  5. chesh

chesh New Member

This is actually the same performance as the 'Performing Price' album. Great to see it after over three decades of listening to it.