Posting Pics instructions

Discussion in 'Introductory Forum' started by Jean, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

to load the picture:
    1. put the picture in "My Pictures" on your pc, making sure it is saved in jpg file type

2. go to
    3. register yourself if not already a member
    4. click on "browse" and find the picture in the pop-up window
    5. click on the picture once, then on open, the pop-up window will disappear and a link
    will have been placed in the box beside 'browse'
    6. under the blue browse box, you'll see a little link that says "options".

If you click on this, you'll find a whole range of sizes to have your image saved in.
    Ideally, for posting in the forum, the 'website, email' size is best.
    Don't forget to click on save before you go further.

7. click on "upload"
    8. when the picture is uploaded, the screen will temporarily go blank
    then PB will come back again with your picture on file

to work the picture:

9. if the pic's bigger than you want, click on the 'resize' icon above the image and choose
    from the list that appears.
    (Note that you can't make an image bigger once it's been reduced. If you make it too small
    the only remedy is to delete it and start again!)

11. Once you're satisfied with it, you can go to the panel to the right where you'll find four
    little boxes labelled "Email & IM", direct link" HTML tag and "IMG code".

If you left click ONCE in the IMG code box, the text will go blue and a yellow box saying 'copied'
    will briefly appear to the left. If this doesn't appear, click on it again.

To place the picture on APFF
    12. Go into APFF, to the posting box where you want your image and right click
    and choose 'paste' from the menu.

Clever you - you've just posted your first pic!!
    Do let me know if you have any difficulties.

You can also use key shortcuts as follows

Copy Ctrl/c
    Paste Ctrl/v

(Thanks for these instructions Diana )
  2. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

Great instructions, Jean! Thanks for helping us "newbies" (new to internet posting, anyways) get our pics on APFF. Best wishes, Tony
  3. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

At first I was hesitant to join Photobucket. Now I don't know how I ever managed without it! I also use it to email digital photo albums to various friends and family members, and I even store all my favorite smileys there so I can pop them into forum posts. Tremendously handy.

I sent a digital photo album out to all the parents on my daughter's baseball team so that they could see the photos I'd taken of the girls throughout the season. One of the coaches emailed me back, "I looked through the rest of your account and I see that you are a huge Kinks fan, and also a Nick Lowe fan. But who is this Alan Price that you have stored so many photos of?" :oops:
  4. Jean

I do hope you told her to have a look at this forum and to buy/listen to Alan's music, or better still to join APFF!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  5. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

:whut: zzzzzzzzzz!
  6. Jean

How could you snooze on APFF [​IMG]
  7. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

She's been up too late mooning over David Soul.
  8. milka

milka New Member

I have a question whether they have a picture to put only the program or may
    example tinypick ????? And whether they can put in a signature gif?
  9. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Yes, you can size it for whatever you want. You should join!
  10. milka

milka New Member

Thnx you so much for answer :D :D :D :D
  11. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

You no longer need to use PB to upload images.

Uploading pictures into your posts has never been easier!

First,make sure your photo is not bigger than 400x400 pixels which is about the size of my Buddy Holly photo when posted. If your photo posts bigger, then the system will automatically resize it and a "click to view larger image" notice will appear. You can leave this or edit the post and resize it.

Then start your thread or post

Then click on the tab "Upload a File"

And here you are in your own computer, choosing the image you want in your post

In fact you can choose several and put them in later

When you are ready to put the images in, just place your mouse cursor where want the image and then click on Thumbnail or Full Image, which ever you want and that's where it will appear

This is the difference between Thumbnail and Full Image (depending upon the original size of your image).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014