On the Google Bar

Discussion in 'Introductory Forum' started by Jean, Aug 29, 2006.

1. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Gosh, I go away for the weekend and miss all this great news. Congratulations Jean!! And well, yes, I expect we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for having helped out in our own small ways.... :roll:

2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

It has taken quite a lot of hard work by all of us and especially doing the lyrics sections
    - so thanks Holly for that and Diana.

The next step will be somebody actually becoming a member via the google bars
    - then we we'll know we've made it!

3. Jean

I keep checking the Memberlist every time I log on -
    just in case . . . . . . . .

4. Jean

Still checking the Memberlist - - - - - -

I will get back to posting lyrics again now that we've had a break. Nobody has answered
    my emails about copyright and I did read that it was permissible to post lyrics for archive purposes
    - which is what we are doing isn't it.

5. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Yes, ma'am.

Trying to up the number of posts with completely content-free posts.

6. "007"

"007" New Member

It took a LOT of undercover work to accomplish the "Google" listing :!: ;) :cool:

7. KopyKat

KopyKat New Member

Very undercover 007 as we can't see anything :lol:

-but I do notice the new wording on the Banner Heading is now being included in
    some search engine info so that must be what you mean ? :roll:

8. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

Does that indicate succes, o wizeone?!

9. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

I just searched for "Alan Price forum" on Yahoo and got it as No 3 and Dogpile and it came up No 14!

You're moving up the stakes, Jean. Them lil ol spiders are on the move!

10. ruinedangel

ruinedangel New Member

In all honesty Google isnt all that fantastic anyway. A lot of people I know much prefer yahoo. I can never find what I want when I use google...its very over-rated in my opinion. Google has a habit of coming up with everything but what you wanted so its no surprise you cant find it when you search.

11. Jean

Thanks for that info ruinedangel

I will have to try a yahoo search :)

12. ruinedangel

ruinedangel New Member

links

I noticed that Alan's official site has a place for "links" although there are none as yet.....may be a great idea to ask the website (or the fan club whichever) if they will provide a link from his site to this one....would be a great way to get new people looking in and saying hi.

13. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I wonder who that could be. ;)

14. Jean

OOOOPS! Just testing :oops:

15. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

By the way, just a reminder -- if you use Google search to get here, it raises our status in Google. I get lazy and often use a "Favorites" tab to jump here, but Google search records hits more effectively. And we DO hope new fans will find their way here via Google search!

16. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

By the way, I finally found us on page 79 of Google. I hit the link three or four times tonight...hopefully we can begin to move forward if everyone here does this a few times a week. I was surprised to see that my own blog posts on Alan showed up higher in the Google search than this site does. :? Let's boost ourselves!

17. Jean

Page 79???

We used to be on 2nd or 3rd page - what's happened?

[​IMG]

This calls for some serious googling..........

(what do you actually type in the google bar Holly?)

18. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I checked today and we are now on page 15. I've clicked it a few more times just to keep moving us up.

19. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Today we've slipped back to page 19. Everybody should look up Alan Price on Google, find our site, and click on it to keep us further to the front!

20. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Page 77 today.