Discussion in 'Introductory Forum' started by Celia, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Celia

Celia New Member

Hello!
    I'm a new member of the APFF and… proud of it!
    I do hope you'll understand what I'm writing because English is not my mother-tongue!
    In summer 1964, I was a teenager (!) listening to the radio when, suddenly, I heard a song that sounded different from the others we used to hear in that time! It was a slow (in fact a blues) with a large solo of organ in the middle. I'm sure you've found of what song I'm talking about! I immediately became a fan of this music band and especially of the organist of (for) that band. So, I was enough sad when Alan left The Animals in May 1965 because I couldn't know he'll have a successful career in music! In 1966, when I heard the beginning of "I put a spell on you", I knew he was playing (we didn't know his voice at this moment) and enjoyed it! From this time I tried to follow his career. It has been not very easy because in my country it's years I can't find his CD but when my friends travel to London I always ask them to have a look on CD! This summer I found how to download from Internet and I could download "Based on a true story", and more recently "O lucky man too!"
    Can someone tells me how it's possible to download "Between today and yesterday" from MSN? I tried several times and didn't succeed! Perhaps it's not possible from Europe? (Only USA?).
    Many thanks in advance !
    Friendly yours ! Sorry for the mistakes!
    Celia

2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Hi Celia - welcome to APFF - we can understand your writing perfectly!
    I see you have been a fan for many years so we are more than pleased to have you on this forum,
    and yes, Alan has a very distinctive keybord sound doesn't he.

This is one of my favourite songs. Although Eric Burdon sings the song Alan's piano is just wonderful.
    Click on the title below to hear it :biggrin:

Please Send Me Someone To Love

Are you looking to download just the one song "Betweeen Today And Yesterday" or the whole album?
    I will see what information I can find or perhaps one othe other members will know.

3. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Oh, Jean, that is my favorite song from Before We Were So Rudely Interrupted!

What country are you located in, Celia? I see that Amazon.com (Amazon US) does offer Between Today and Yesterday as an mp3 album. I believe you ought to be able to go onto that website from any country and order it.

And now that I look at amazon.co.uk, I see that they're offering three rare Alan Price albums as mp3 downloads -- Based On A True Story, Liberty, and Covers! When I think of how hard I had to look for those a couple of years ago....

4. Celia

Celia New Member

:thankyou:Thank you very much for the video Jean ! I let you imagine my emotion : it's the first time (since 1964) I see "The Animals" on stage (it's now or never isn't it !) I'll keep it preciously !
    To answer your question, I'd like to download the complete album (Between today and yesterday).... of course ! :wave:[hr]
    Hello Hollyh ! nice to meet you !
    I live in Switzerland.

5. lullaby

lullaby New Member

Bonjour, Celia!

This is a really good forum to join, and because it's always updated, you can get a lot of information, and meet people, and have a good time on here.
    Meilleurs souhaits (de France), et prends soin de toi.
    Lullaby

6. Celia

Celia New Member

Hello Lullaby
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only french speaking people in that fan club. That's another joy for me to have found it ! After all these years I've a last found people to talk of my favourite musician !
    And if you think I don't write correctly in English, please tell me !
    A bientôt Lullaby ! take care of yourself too !
    Cordialement,
    Celia

7. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Bien le bonjour de Bruxelles, Celia!

Welcome to the forum! I would like to confirm what Holly says about Amazon : that's how I got my copy of "Between Today and Yesterday" which I hope to get autographed soon. Thanks to your joining, we got a chance to see that superb video Jean posted (thank you, Jean!).
    There's soooo much to discover on the forum, je te souhaite bon amusement! (= have fun)

Benny

8. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I know just how you feel, Celia! No one in my daily life seems to know about Alan Price -- so it was such a relief for me to find this place where everybody is a fan.

Welcome again. So glad to have you here!

9. Jean

For anybody that hasn't found it yet we have a thread with
    links to Youtube. I did a quick check and think here are 43 songs posted
    so scroll through and watch your favourites :smile:
    Click on the link or the song title or even the pic for 'It'll be Me'.

This will take you to the thread -

10. Celia

Celia New Member

Jean you're fantastic ! thanks a lot ![hr]
    Thanks Hollyh but I've just tried and download MP3 from Amazon US is only for US customers !
    Thanks anyways !

11. lullaby

lullaby New Member

Je suis absolument ravie que tu te sois inscrite, Célia! Et ne t'inquiètes pas, ton anglais est comme ça :thumbup:

I might go up to England in April and visit for three or four days, and I'll try to see an AP show with a couple friends! On pourra parler de lui de en français à gogo! :D

12. Celia

Celia New Member

How lucky you are to go in England Lullaby ! I'm happy for you and hope you'll see Alan in concert !
    :wave:

13. richard

richard Guest

welcome hope you enjoy it here!

14. Celia

Celia New Member

Hello Benny !
    Sorry, I wrote to you but I think it was when the system was down (!) and you didn't receive my message. So I was saying I'm glad my admission in APFF could give all of us the occasion to see fine videos.
    I would also thank you for your warm welcome and send you all "bien cordialement depuis Genève" !

15. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

All posts pertaining to the meeting at the Bull's Head have been
    split off into a thread on their own > Meeting at the Bull's Head

16. papafender

papafender New Member

Hi everyone! I like Alan Price and now I joined you in here.

17. Daria

Daria New Member

Hi Dad :)

18. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Welcome, Sacha! Good to have you on board. That's quite a daughter you have! You must be proud of her.

bennyb

19. Jean

:wave2: Papafender- great to see you have joined us!
    :playguitar:​

20. papafender

papafender New Member

For a first time I saw ALAN PRICE in the moovie "O Lucky Man" in 1976. And I understood: nobody`s like him! I`m just starting copyin` for Alan his image and performing singing