New Alan CD for download only

Discussion in 'Talk About Alan's Albums' started by antonioalf, Dec 28, 2011.

1. antonioalf

antonioalf New Member

I saw at amazon that there is a new (?) cd by Alan for downloading only with the title "Alan Price with Zoot Money and Georgie Fame-Live".

Does anybody knows any details about this recording (date, place, members of the band, quality of the recording,...) ?

All the best

antonioalf

2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Hi Antonio
    Great to see your post on the forum. This is the first I have heard about "Live In London".

Alan did several shows June 2010 so not sure where they did the recording or whether it was a separate recording. At the moment I can't find any more information about who was playing but will search and let you know if I find anything. About the quality well you can judge for yourself by clicking on the blue link below for Amazon downloads and then listen to the samples.

[​IMG]

Click on this link and download from Amazon

3. antonioalf

antonioalf New Member

Hi Jean :

Thanks a lot for your informations !

I've tried to download the CD but I couldn't because it's only possible to download it if you live in the UK and I live in Portugal (I thought we were living in the Single Market ..).

I've listened to the samples and it seems Alan backed by his present band (the great Zoot Money is quite recognizable and even takes the lead vocals on "Watcha Gonna Do", but no trace of Georgie Fame ...). The quality of the sound is quite good and the track list is pretty much the same Alan usely plays now at live gigs.

I've been hoping for long that Alan would issue a live recording of one of his gigs with the actual band , because I think they are really great live and Alan's voice is still excellent and the medley "We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Girl of the North Country" is superb and was never officialy issued before in that form. My only regret is that "Say It Isn't True" and "Drive" (cover of The Cars song never officialy realease by Alan) are not included.

Anyhow I think we must thank Alan for authorising this release and let's hope now for a DVD of a recent live gig (I'm crossing my fingers ...).

António