Makes Me So Mad . . ..

Discussion in 'Alan Price - On The Internet' started by hollyh, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

On my Google news alert for Alan Price, I was sent a link to a discussion on the Eric Burdon board, where someone asked, "Why do we never hear more about Alan Price?" The comments after that were so hateful -- about how Alan had cheated his bandmates out of the House of the Rising Sun money, saying he quit the band so he could run away with the money, saying that the other Animals should have sued him, etc. :eek:hno:

You know, the Animals are all grown-ups and perfectly capable of handling their own business affairs. They must have settled this grievance long ago, or they wouldn't have reunited twice. I just wish Eric Burdon hadn't fanned the flames in his autobiography or memoir or whatever book that was. It's so incredibly petty for him to be harping on this issue still.

And I wish those Burdon fans would stop for one minute and give Alan the benefit of the doubt. I've heard Alan's account of this many times, and he convinces me that he never intended to screw anybody else out of their fair rewards. If he was the sort of fellow who'd ruthlessly steal other people's work, he'd have done it many more times since then.

Furthermore, those internet "fans" go on to trash the quality of Alan's work, to say he must have been wrong because Eric is famous and look where Alan is today. :whut:

Really, and they call themselves music lovers?
  2. felipe

felipe New Member

you can me pass the link hollyh??
    this is all a lie, alan would never do that!
    He left the band for fear of flying (I think)
    I thought it had solved! only eric that insists on it!
    the alan never needed it, is showing her beautiful career!!!
  3. Daria

Daria New Member

oh that is sad, Holly. Those fans must be overreacting... I know several Eric Burdon fans - and they do respect Alan's work. Some fans just really get involved into what isn't their business at all... It's all for music. Not for the quarrels.

and Felipe, I don't think Alan left the band because of his phobia. he was just exhausted - among the other things.
  4. milka

milka New Member

That truth yes I'm bought fan Eric and Alan I don't won't involed in personal problems two memebers , But this two makes Animals Alan organ and Eric voice , maybe people don't know realy thing about this stuff , and I'm read Eric books.Eric never sad anything bad about Alan , only a manager. Don't give wrong me Jean intrudece to Alan work like solo artist. If i have mony thing of Alan like video I open the special channel(Alan) on YT. But unfortunately I do not have

This from me and love all.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
  5. Daria

Daria New Member

love your avatar, Milka :)
    off top
  6. milka

milka New Member

Thnx Daria :toyou::toyou::toyou:
  7. bennyb

bennyb New Member

Yes, please give us the link, Holly

8. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

9. milka

milka New Member

It is your decision, but it would be better to hear the other side of the story, Alan, because many people know the superficial facts and might not know the truth. It is my opinion.

10. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

Well, there certainly is bad feeling between them but I don't think we plebs will ever know the real reason why. It's private business between those two and I don't think it helps to discuss it here. We don't want this board getting a reputation for stirring the pot. Therefore I am closing this thread. :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.