Interview You

Discussion in 'Fun and Games - please join in' started by hollyh, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

One special moment stands out in my mind like no other. It was during the birth of our twin children - Andrew and Sarah - 26 years ago. Sarah was first (by one minute), and as the Doctor held her up for me to see her face, she slowly opened her eyes for the very first time. And she looked directly at me... through me.... with the most serene expression on her little face. I felt like I was looking into the face of God. I still get chills down my spine, recalling that moment.

There's a Jon Anderson song, called "Animation" that describes his nearly identical experience, upon the birth of his daughter, Jade. Whenever I hear that song, I cry tears of joy. And I feel the need to hug Jan, my wife of 29 years.

Q: Where in the entire world would you choose to live, if money was not a consideration?

2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

London. It would CERTAINLY make a difference there to have money be no consideration!

Q. What was the best vacation you ever took?

3. Diana

Diana Administrator Staff Member

A Week on the Norfolk Broads. And it was the greatest fun when some showy-off young feller came racing into the quay with his boat, couldn't shift into reverse gear to slow it down and rear-ended the whole line of moored boats he was going to moor behind. They all tobogganed into each other sequentially like a pack of dominoes being toppled! But it was Sunday lunch time and all the women were in the gallies preparing dinner. As the ripple of impact hit one boat after another it was accompanied by a shriek as the saucepans and stuff went flying!! Happily no-one was injured but was that guy's face red!!

Q what was the most adventurous or scary thing you ever did?

4. Dids

Dids New Member

A. attempting to swim in the deep end of the pool - I failed and never tried again!

Q. Do you know who the Inkspots are?

5. Delilah

Delilah New Member

who or what? I know the what is a devil of a job to get out of a white shirt!

Q. what's the most posts you've ever made on a forum?

6. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I think I'm up to 7800 posts on the Ray Davies forum -- and I've hardly posted anything there in the past 6 months. :?
    I have 3,811 on the Kinks Fan Club forum, which I only joined last April.

Q How many forums/message boards do you regularly participate in?

7. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

The first ever forum I joined was gardenerscorner forum. I am up to
    2960 postings to date - and I am also a moderator on there (over 4,000 members)
    I then belong to eleven other forums, four of which I post on quite regularly.
    PLUS three (yes three) APFFs :)
    This one the original, second is a duplicate/backup and another one (different name)
    where I am experimenting with colours and styles.
    All in all - I think I am always posting on one or another :roll: :roll: :roll:

Q: What did you do with all your spare time before computers came along?
    :lol:

8. KopyKat

KopyKat New Member

interviewing

embroidery!

Are you studying anything at the moment (at college or homestudy)

9. ruinedangel

ruinedangel New Member

A. No Im not but I am hoping to get onto a photography course in the next 12/18 months. Sooner if possible but
    I have a lot of family commitments to juggle which come first obviously!

Q. What do you think of all of the groups/singers that are currently manufactured on these so called "reality shows"?

10. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I don't see why someone with talent shouldn't jump to the head of the queue based on having been lucky enough
    to get on a reality show. It's all luck anyway in the music biz.

Of course, whether they really do have the talent is another question...

Q What is your birth order, and what sort of a person has it made you? (I'm a middle child and I always try
    to get along with everybody as a result....)

11. Jean

Well I happen to be a middle child too. I always try to get along with everybody
    but don't know if it is because of my place in the family - hadn't considered that.

Q: Is there anything in life you would really really like to achieve - even if it seems impossible at the moment.

12. Rebekka

Rebekka Administrator Staff Member

Oh Yes!
    But I'm not telling lol!

Q: What is your star sign?

color.gif

13. Jean

Well, it's not my star sign but you might recognise the date :cool:

Aries ______________[​IMG]

The Sun is in Aries between about 21st March to 19th April.

"If you were born with the Sun in Aries, you set out with a brave heart, and want it all to happen right now.
    No beating about the bush! The world is your oyster, and no-one, but no-one, is going to mess with you!
    You can organise, and lead, and in love you're a real romantic. "Actions speak louder than words" could
    be your motto.

If Aries is your Rising Sun - oops! that should read 'Sign' :) , when you step outside, you want to get
    going and make a start on the day's projects. You'll act first and think afterwards, and people will walk
    on eggshells to avoid a fiery outburst if you're annoyed, but they'll know that all will be smiles as soon
    as you've cooled down. They'll be glad to have an Aries Ascendant in charge."

Q: What's your favourite colour and why?

14. Bassett

Bassett New Member

19th April -
    Alan's birthday?? :?

Favourite colour - GOLD! and all things gold -
    do I really have to explain why ?
    Think of all the things you can do with it!
    [​IMG] looks good? :lol:

Q: What's your favourite song.

15. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Impossible to answer! I can't even tell you what my favorite Alan Price song is. :roll: But just for the sake of answering -- because this thread has sat idle for too long -- I'll say "Little Bird" from Based on A True Story.

Q How many records/CDs do you own? (approximately)

16. Jean

I have never counted but at a very rough guess about 300 - but that number may be way out,
    most of them Animals and Alan recordings but I do have quite a varied selection of other artists too.
    Number not counting the steadily increasing pile of DVDs! and then thinking
    of that I have a whole cupboard and two drawers full of video tapes :biggrin:

Q: What do you collect besides records/albums?

17. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Ticket stubs to concerts. :lol: I have a lot of books, but those don't really count -- I'm not concerned with the physical objects, I just constantly need reading material.

Q What is your most prized possession?

18. Emm

Emm New Member

My "cowboy" boots and hat! Memories of lots of line dancing days - sometimes three and four times a week. Those were the days.

What do you do when you can't sleep?

19. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I read. Sometimes the book is so interesting I look out the window and the sun is rising. Then I know I'm in trouble, trying to get through the next day on no sleep!

Q If someone made a movie of your life, who would play you?

20. Daria

Daria New Member

Bob Geldof

Q if you could change your name what would it be?