Hello :)

Discussion in 'Introductory Forum' started by Wingding, May 4, 2009.

1. Daria

Daria New Member

yeah... Felipe you're right... And it is also a pity he doesn't perform in Russia :D

2. felipe

felipe New Member

is a pity that Daria!!!
    I do not like the Brazilian musicians, hear some, I hear rock from the 60s like the beatles, animals etc. ..I think I was born in the wrong country!!!!

3. Daria

Daria New Member

then you found the right site, Felipe :) and I share your point of view XD

4. milka

milka New Member

Me too Alan does't play eaither in my country Croatia , I'm born in wrong country too :sad::sad::sad::sad:

5. Daria

Daria New Member

don't worry guys, at least we all met here and we can understand each other's words and feelings :) that's great! Even if we live far far away from Great Britain and the 60's ;)

As Donovan said, social network is the new sixties and I couldn't agree more

I'm glad I got aquainted with you through the forum. Good evening everyone.

PS. sorry for the flood

6. felipe

felipe New Member

We are born in the wrong country milka!!!!
    But I love talking to you, I feel very well here, making friends and talking about the work of Alan!!!!

7. Daria

Daria New Member

that's the spirit :)

8. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Great quote!!

9. felipe

felipe New Member

Hi Hollyh!!!!
    I read that Paulinho da Costa played percussion on the album "Rising Sun"and it looks that he is unknown here in Brazil!!!!

10. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Unknown in Brazil! Well, that must be because he moved to the States and is so in demand as a session percussionist. For several years, if you wanted a Latin sound on your record and you were recording in Los Angeles, he was the man you wanted to hire. He has worked with everybody from Michael Jackson to Willie Nelson to Bob Dylan to B. B. King. I remember when "Rising Sun" came out it was considered quite a coup for Alan to have gotten Paulinho to work on his record.

11. felipe

felipe New Member

is even!!!
    he worked all his life in the U.S., one of the best percussionist I know!!!!
    Hollyh,you know if Alan is going to launch a new cd?

12. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

The record industry is so crazy these days, it's really hard for an artist to get a new CD out there. Alan in particular seems to be too independent to play the record companies' game. I think that's why he has begun to release new music through his website, alanprice.co.uk or alanprice.com. Go on there and you should be able to download several tracks of new music. Perhaps those songs will never make it onto a CD, but this is the way to get it. I admire Alan for being so smart about using the internet to distribute his music.

13. milka

milka New Member

Cool thnx for information @hollyh

14. felipe

felipe New Member

thanks for the information hollyh!!!
    I saw some music, just that I can not download, I think you need to buy!!I liked "the story" "better this time " " In Mexico " and "Jack Kerouac & Mr Toad"

15. lullaby

lullaby New Member

I can't download it either- but I liked his remasterisation of 'Time and Tide' (apparently he took the original vocal line and added some new lines for this version).

Has anyone heard the 'Based on a true story' album yet?

16. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Yes, I do think you need to buy these tracks to download them. (They're fairly cheap I think, maybe 70p?) But I think because Alan is selling these independently, he'll get a larger share of the money. Just think of it as a way to pay back Alan for all the pleasure he gives us.

Indeed Lullaby I have heard Based On a True Story. It's one of my favorite AP albums EVER!

17. lullaby

lullaby New Member

Aww I really need to get my musical education up to date one of these days; there's just no other alternative, right? :D

18. felipe

felipe New Member

Hollyh!!!
    how many children have alan?

19. Celia

Celia New Member

"Based on a true story" is my favourite too ! it contains so much emotion !

20. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I believe he has two daughters, from two different marriages. One is grown-up and the other is still a schoolgirl at home.