Georgie Fame with sons James and Tristan*

Discussion in 'TOUR DATES AND REVIEWS' started by Jean, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Saw Georgie Fame in Norwich on Monday. The theatre was completely full.
    He wandered casually on stage with a bottle of water in his hand - just as Alan does - and leaned towards
    the mike saying "Good Evening All!"- again, just like Alan does so was looking good.
    Accompanying him were his sons - James Powell (drums) and Tristan Powell (guitar) .
    Great music followed, most of which I knew, interspersed with anecdotes and jokes.
    Then James played a short drum solo, and soon after that
    Tristan sang and did a guitar solo - he was brilliant!!! As he finished the audience leapt to their feet and gave
    him a standing ovation. Must say I haven't heard a guitar played like that for ages
    ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ AWESOME!!

After the 2 hour show there were Cds for sale and of course we had to buy one, a little
    disappointed though as Tristan's guitar solo was not on it.
    We were told that Georgie would be out shortly to autograph CDs for people who wanted to wait.
    After about 20 minutes this man appeared through the door wearing a crumpled anorak and a woolly hat pulled
    down nearly to his eyes.
    "Anybody waiting for an autograph?" I could hardly believe it was Georgie Fame -
    I have never seen Alan appear other than very smart - even if casual.
    However, he was very polite and friendly and when I said we had enjoyed the show he thanked us for coming.

Great evening, but would have been greater if it had been Alan. :)

2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Sounds like a great show, Jean!! Wish I'd been there. Did he sing any of the Price-Fame songs like Rosetta?

3. Jean

Surprisingly he didn't, not even one! ohwell.gif

4. Jean

Well, this doesn't come under the title 'Shows you have seen' as it's not until end of November.

Georgie Fame is coming to Norwich again for two nights this time - and of course we are booking tickets.
    Doesn't say if his sons will be with him this time but keeping our fingers crossed.

Will post a report ..... ;)

5. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Have a great time!! I DO love Georgie Fame; he just keeps getting better and better.

6. desmolady

desmolady New Member

I recently saw Georgie with his sons at Twickenham, it was a fantastic evening, although there were problems with the unreserved seating. My friend Gudrun had flown over from Germany for the gig, we got there early to get front row seats ... then after the interval, someone tried to put extra seats in front of us for people who had just arrived!!! Needless to say, we stood our ground (or should that be seats?) and ended up even nearer to Georgie! Great music and dialogue from Georgie about how each song played a part in his musical career. Well worth seeing - so I'm going to see them again (October, Croydon).

7. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Oh, it sounds like a fantastic concert, Jilly! Thanks so much for letting us know about it.

8. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

Jean, thanks for the great review of Georgie Fame's show. What is the name of the CD (or CDs) that were for sale? I have every Georgie Fame CD that I know of, and would be glad to have even more. Thanks in advance, Tony

9. milka

milka New Member

heart::heart: