"Don't Look Back" on TV

Discussion in 'Movies, TV, Shows etc. etc.' started by Jean, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Yesterday evening I was switching through the TV channels to see what was on and
    found 'Don't Look Back' only the last 20 minutes left... doh!

Never mind, as I have it on DVD I can watch it another time . Anybody else catch it?

2. KopyKat

KopyKat New Member

Yes, I managed to catch 'Don't look back' and had my DVD recorder handy too
    so I can watch it again and again :D
  3. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

This film doesn't exactly endear Bob Dylan to me! Although it does make me see what an interesting, contrary sort of guy he could be...
  4. Daria

Daria New Member

I am not a Bob Dylan fan. I know he's a great man, but... his manner of performing and his voice are not close to me. Though I watch Don't Look Back from time to time :) Somewhere on the 10th minute and on 1 hr something :) These are my favourite moments. Especially when Alan is taking out some "wood" from the bottle. So naive of him :)
  5. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

I read somewhere that you can still visit that theater and see the same old piano, with the notch below the keyboard where Alan opened the bottle! :lol:

I love the part where Bob Dylan asks him what he's going to do now that he's left the Animals. His face goes all strange for a moment -- as if the reality hasn't sunk in yet. It's very sad, and it reminds me of how young he was. Too young to make smart decisions about his life! We know that it all worked out well for him, but at the moment captured in this movie, he really has no guarantee that he will ever have a career again.

I also love the part where he tells Dylan that Donovan is a good guitar player -- "Better than you, in fact!" And Dylan looks so annoyed. ;D

A friend of mine is married to the son of this movie's director, D.L. Pennebaker. His son -- Fraser Pennebaker -- is a documentary director as well. I have been too shy to talk to him about this movie. Sometime I must tell him how much I love it!

But I think that most people who watch it are Bob Dylan fans. When we Alan Price fans watch it, it is an entirely different movie. ;)
  6. Daria

Daria New Member

hollyh, you can't be more right
    I had to watch that episode with Alan's changing face for several times to get the dialogue, because both of them spoke not very clear and in low voice. I got the word "Animals" at first, so I couldn't correlate the words with the expression.
    *I'm pretty sure AP could be a good actor, because he has a great facial expression* :D

But I also liked that rapid change of face to the brighter one :)
    That's so wonderful he didn't stop performing, and now we have the possibility to listento his records OR (for the lucky ones) even to visit his concerts.
  7. milka

milka New Member

I like Bob Dylan but i'm not big fan of his