Can anyone help please?

Discussion in 'Any questions - perhaps someone knows the answer!' started by hull, Aug 8, 2009.

1. hull

hull New Member

Hi,

I am new to the forum and wonder if anyone could help please?

My brother is 60 soon and keeps telling me of a record he loved from the late 60's that included the lyrics 'oo be doo be doo, i'm in love with you, oo be doo be dee....'
    He states he thinks it was an Alan Price record or a group that Alan produced/managed

I would love to trace this record and buy it for him, please may i ask if there are any AP aficionados out there who can assist

Many thanks in advance

2. lullaby

lullaby New Member

wow, ummm... I'd love to help you out myself, Hull, really. Have you tried looking at the lyrics the people here have posted?

lullaby

3. hull

hull New Member

Hi,

Must admit i hadn't joined forum and posted without really looking through the site.
    Will give that a try
    Thank you for taking the time to reply
    x

4. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Hello Hull and welcome to the forum.

Must say I do not immediately recognise those words as from an Alan Price song.
    It would help if you have any other snippet of information or a few more words.
    I wonder if this might be from an Animals recording?

I will keep looking for you or perhaps somebody else on APFF might
    be able to help.

Do let us know if you find it before we do thumbs.gif

5. lullaby

lullaby New Member

I just joined a few days ago myself; this is a huge forum alright. I'm starting to get the picture.

lullaby

6. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Hull, getting ahold of a single from back then might be tough. May I suggest looking at the anthology The House That Jack Built? It's got just about all of Alan's solo recordings from the late 1960s.

And welcome to the forum! Perhaps if your brother is an Alan Price fan he'd like to join as well. ;)

7. Rebekka

Rebekka Administrator Staff Member

Did ya ever find the song Hull? If so, what was the title? Just wondered.
    :whut:

8. Silver

Silver New Member

The only song I can think of that includes those lyrics is the Blondie single Denis.

'Oh Denis, oo be doo, I'm in love with you, Denis...'

But that's much too late I'd think. Before that would be much too early - a Pat Boone single from the late fifties, 'I'm in love with you, doo doo doo...'