Been around for a while ...

Discussion in 'Introductory Forum' started by desmolady, Jan 17, 2010.

1. desmolady

desmolady New Member

Hi, I've been around foa while on this forum, and now realise that I haven't introduced myself :)
    My passions are live music and motorcycling, I've met many fascinating people through both interests, some of whom have become very good friends over the years.
    Alan - well, I remember him back in the 60s (yes, I am that old!), and enjoyed his music then ... and even more so now.
    Other musicians that I like (in no particular order!) are Mike Sanchez, Jeff Beck, Ben Waters, Rodney Crowell, Albert Lee and Hogan's Heroes, Chris Rea, Chris Farlowe, Norman Beaker, Paloma Faith, Imelda May, Paolo Nutini, Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, Georgie Fame, Seth Lakeman, Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart, Miller Anderson .... so quite a mixture really!
    Here's a pic taken last year of me with Howie and Kim (you may have seen them with Alan on the 'Flamingo' tour)
    Look forward to seeing anyone from here at a gig
  2. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Welcome, "officially," Jilly! My, that's quite an intriguing list of musicians you follow. Several of them are on my iPod as well, and the others I'll be interested to check out. You're lucky to be able to see so many of them live.
  3. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Jilly - that's a great pic with Howie and Kim ! Thanks for sharing.
  4. desmolady

desmolady New Member

Thank you very much, hollyh! Pleased to hear that you have several of my favourites on your iPod, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the others. I find their music / gigs very uplifting, and always have a big smile on my face afterwards. I realise that I left out Charlie Watts - ooops! - I saw him last year with Ben Waters and Axel Zwingenburger (might be the wrong spelling there!), I had forgotten what a brilliant jazz drummer he is! (That was a great gig too, lots of jazz, boogie-woogie, and good-time music.)
    I've just booked to see Alan at Wimborne in May ... can't come quick enough![hr]
    ... and thank you, Jean. (Kim took the photo with my camera, holding it at arms' length!!!)
  5. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

Hi Jilly!

A belated "WELCOME" to the APFF, from a long-time fan of Alan Price, Georgie Fame and most of the musicians you listed as your favorites (in no particular order). Any fan of Alan's is a friend of mine!

Wishing you all the best, Tony Concatelli
  6. desmolady

desmolady New Member

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for the 'welcome', great to hear from anyone / everyone on this site.

I've just booked to go to the Colne Festival, shame Alan won't be there this year, but what a great line-up - including Georgie Fame! And I've just seen Jean's post about the tour for later this year I must get something sorted about that.

Thanks again for the welcome,