Alan Price's "Between Today And Yesterday" TV Doc

Discussion in 'Movies, TV, Shows etc. etc.' started by Concatelli, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

I have in my collection a TV documentary entitled "Alan Price - Between Today And Yesterday". The 61 minute film chronicles the writing and recording of several songs from the album "Between Today And Yesterday", then follows Alan and his band as they travel to Alan's hometown of Jarrow, where they perform at Alan's alma mater. Alan's social commentary on the way life in Northern England has changed leads into a historical look at the famous Jarrow March, in which hundreds of unemployed workers walked from Jarrow to London in order to protest the poverty and starvation afflicted upon them and their families. (It was originally on VHS tape, but I've recently transferred it onto DVD.)
    If you are interested in obtaining a copy of this marvelous DVD, please feel free to contact me for details. Thanks in advance, Tony

2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Tony, I have been trying to get a copy of that for simply ages.
    Please can you let me know details (pm if you like).

[​IMG]

3. Concatelli

Concatelli New Member

I've responded to Jean in a Private Message, and thanked her for all of her work in making this website the wonderful resource that it is.

HollyH has already received a DVD of this documentary. I wonder if she'd like to post her opinion and/or comments on the film?

I'm looking forward to corresponding with everyone who may be interested in seeing this documentary. I'm always willing to consider trading with others for Alan Price related material that I don't already have. I intend to make a list of everything in my rather extensive collection, in order to facilitate future trades. If you have listings of items that you are willing to trade - or items that you could make copies of - please feel free to send them off to me. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

4. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

Yes, Tony, it's a fantastic show -- even better than I expected! Great shots of the Newcastle scene, and lots of interviews with Alan about his life and his career. He performs several of the songs from the album live on the film, too. And (I know this will be of interest to at least SOME of you here) -- he looks beautiful! (1977 vintage Alan, quite attractive. :roll: )

5. Jean

Having just watched "Alan Price - Between Today And Yesterday" twice I can't wait to watch it yet again
    when I have time. :)
    I can only repeat what Holly has said about it - that it is fantastic.

I also enjoyed the Newcastle bits as I have walked around the area quite a few times when I visit my
    two sisters. Was also interesting to see shots of The Bull's Head in Barnes.

Thank you so much Tony for making this DVD treasure available to us!
    [​IMG]

6. bennyb

bennyb New Member

RE:

Yes, Tony, I would be very grateful if you could help me acquire the documentary in question. Please let me know what I need to do.

Benny B.

7. gordy606

gordy606 New Member

Hi Tony

I have been looking for a copy of this programme for a while now, and I hope you can resolve my quest. It was a great programme.

Thx.

Gordon
    [hr]
    Hello Jean

I noticed that Tony who you got the DVD from hasn't posted for a while and was wondering if you knew where I could get a copy of this DVD.

Regards

Gordon

8. Jean

Yes - It is a great film Gordon - as are all of Alan's films :D

I will see if there is a spare copy somewhere.

9. gordy606

gordy606 New Member

T