A special box set

Discussion in 'Talk About Alan's Albums' started by Anders, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Anders

Anders New Member

I was looking for the difficult to find LP Travellin' Man and searching the internet found it included in a 3LP box set entitled "A special box set". Apart from TM it consists of the mini-LP "Jarrow Song '86" and the compilation "Best of Alan Price" on the Action Replay Records label.
    While JS86 was in its original picture sleeve TM and BoAP is only in generic white paper innersleeves.
    Would anybody here know if the two LPs was originally included in the box set without their picturesleeves?
    Also I will be glad to have any other info on the history behind this boxset which has no catalogue no. or title infos on it. Just the box title top front center with artist's name just below and a nice B/W close-up of Alan beneath.

2. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

Hi Anders

Welcome to the forum.

I have not heard of 'A Special Box Set' - sounds intriguing.

I will certainly do a search and maybe one of our members will know something ........................ .........................-- Jim is usually very knowledgeable so hope he looks in on us soon

How long have you been a fan and have you been to any of Alan's concerts?

3. Anders

Anders New Member

Hi Jean
    Thank you for your welcome and your questions.I originally got into Alan's music in the late 80ties after watching O! Lucky Man on television. I still would like to see him live. I am from Copenhagen, Denmark and 46 years old.
    All the best
    Anders

4. hollyh

hollyh Founder Member

This doesn't sound to me like an official release -- as if some enterprising person has just thrown a bunch of different products together to sell them in a package. And it looks as if he (or she) kept those LPs covers!

5. Jean

Jean Webmaster Staff Member

I have been having a look on the internet and ebay. Saw one box set in a music store same thing on ebay so there must be a few about . Interesting! Perhaps somebody will tell us more :)

It says "uk issue box set includes 6 trk jarrow song mini album vg condition / travellin man - ex condition / best of alan price - ex condition plus flyer and ticket for concert in worksop july 1995 "
    Is this the same as the set you have Anders? and BTW I have seen several copies of Travelling Man for sale on the internet.

[​IMG]